EXPLORE WITH A LOCAL, SLOWLY, FOR BEST TRAVELER'S INSIGHT
TONE UP YOUR MIND, BODY & SOUL IN DELHI'S DELIGHTFUL SUBURBS
Whether you're in between flights/you have a layover in Delhi/you're returning from Jaipur/you're staying at our eco homestay/you want a break from hopping in and out of tourist coaches/you're looking for a peaceful getaway to tone up your body, mind and soul before returning to the grind, I offer you a variety of unusual things to see and do, not far from New Delhi International Airport (IGIA) and Delhi-Jaipur Highway - by cycle rickshaw, autorickshaw/tuk-tuk, on foot or on horseback!
Slow and Green through a living museum
The tour on foot/horseback/cycle rickshaw/bicycle/tuk-tuk starts from our eco homestay in New Delhi's south-western suburbs, and takes you through a living museum of traditions, customs, lifestyles, architectural styles, culture, livelihoods, rural and suburban landscapes, flora and fauna, indigenous peoples etc. in the space of an hour, or more.
If you have already made hotel reservations elsewhere (not at our eco homestay), I can arrange to meet and pick you up from Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi's domestic airport, IFFCO Chowk metro station/bus stand on Delhi-Jaipur Highway, Gurgaon Railway Station or Delhi Cantt Railway Station (transfer time would need to be added to the total duration of the tour, in that case, as well as cost).
The one-hour tour can be extended to include a variety of modes of slow travel, instead of only one, and/or any one or more of the following:
- visits to interesting establishments enroute
- village tour
- a night under the stars
- a traditional, home-cooked organic meal
- shopping in a colorful bazaar
- a game of tennis
- yoga and/or meditation
- sipping herbal tea in a garden while listening to the chatter of birds and watching squirrels at play
- meeting an Indian family
- observing a temple ritual
- attending a class in an Indian dance form
- a pottery class
- a lesson in Indian cooking
- Henna designs on your hands
- a Bollywood film show or a musical evening
- celebration of a local festival
- visit to a vegetable market
- a lesson in organic farming
- a musical evening
- volunteering at an NGO
- attending a spiritual discourse
- lunching in a garden restaurant
Whether you opt for a tour limited to one hour only or extending over several days, including any one or more of the above-mentioned options, whether it's your first day in Delhi or your last, I offer you a multi-sensorial, de-stressing and authentic experience for your personal enjoyment and well-being, as well as for inter-cultural understanding (in place of culture shock!) .
You could contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or +9717923793