STAY WITH A LOCAL, EAT WITH A LOCAL - for best cultural immersion
Try Fun & Healthy Explorations of Indian Culture for LEISURE, PLEASURE & REJUVENATION through an Indian homestay in New Delhi region, .with a Local Guide
I offer the discerning solo woman* traveler and small women’s groups, arriving in New Delhi, an ECO-CULTURAL INDIA EXPERIENCE: peaceful, eco-friendly accommodation in a city cum rural hideaway that is woman-friendly, for women only, safe, immaculately clean, non-smoking, tastefully furnished, easily accessible. Also on offer under the homestay roof is a range of services intended not only to keep women travelers safe but also to enable them to experience local history, culture, crafts, traditions and lifestyles from up close.
10 REASONS WHY WOMEN TRAVELING TO NEW DELHI / GURGAON / JAIPUR STAY WITH US
1. Women Our Target Clientele: Ideally suited to solo women travelers and small women’s tour groups
2. Knowledgeable Hosts: Indian, widely traveled, highly-educated and well-read, possessing a happy mix of East and West, with one of them having worked at Government of India Tourist Office in Paris. Understanding the travel and accommodation needs of other women, we the homestay hosts opened the doors and windows of our house to cater to the comfort, safety and care of women travelers curious about Indian culture and cuisine. Languages spoken (and interpreted) are English, French, Hindi and Punjabi
3. Pleasant Ambience: Green, clean, calm, healthy, non-smoking, safe, comfortable, a smooth blend of ethnic and modern, friendly, caring, unpretentious.
4. Ideal Location: Sandwiched between the delightful surprises of Delhi-Haryana countryside and the thrills of hip-and-happening Gurgaon (not far from New Delhi’s international airport and Delhi-Jaipur highway), our women’s B&B homestay with a view (run out of an independent house with garden, in a quiet, leafy lane) offers women the best of both worlds (literally). Its proximity and easy access, not only to Delhi and Gurgaon’s main entry points but also to their respective tourist sites and other destinations beyond make our B&B Home stay guesthouse a convenient nest from which women travelers can spread their wings, and commence the Golden Triangle Tour. To find a full-fledged market, mall, post office, salon, ATM, bank, hospital, dental clinic, dance and music school, restaurant, sports facility, entertainment center or India’s countryside, you have only to saunter down the road.
5. Suitable Accommodation & Occupancy, Privacy with Security: Independent, spacious, immaculately clean, comfortable rooms tastefully furnished in earthy colours (one of which offers you a private balcony and view) with ensuite, 24-hour water supply, and pieces of period furniture, writing desk with high chair, marble flooring, desert cooler, and electric fan. Each room comfortably accommodates two persons; additional bed(s) available for a supplement. A third, cheaper, out-of-the-box and adventurous option, for groups only, is sleeping like a nomad under the stars - albeit on mats/folding beds on the terrace, or in the patio. A heavenly experience indeed! Breakfast is a hygienic, nutritious and balanced combination of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals supplied to you through organic/home-made/local produce. Purified drinking water available 24 hours, and free.
6. Extra Areas Accessible To Room Occupants: A small garden that is home to birds, squirrels, butterflies and potted plants, living room with satellite TV, dining room, patio or terrace, and free parking.
7. Restrictions: In view of preserving the ambience of our homestay, no smoking or drugs allowed, no noise, no male visitors. Curfew from 10.30 p.m. to 6.30 a.m. Check-in from 12 noon till 10 p.m. Check-out from 6.30 a.m. till 11.30 a.m. (exceptions made for a guest’s late night flight).
8. Good Value For Money:
- INR: Rs. 3, 500 per night, per room for upto 2 persons inclusive of breakfast. Discounts on longer stays.
- INR: Rs. 1,500 per extra bed per night in a room, or per folding bed/mat on the terrace/in the patio (for groups only) inclusive of breakfast.
9. Added Value: Not only do we give you bed and breakfast in a house with good ambience and location, and at reasonable rates, but we also offer you a range of personalized services and facilities (at additional cost) to cater to your safety, comfort and care. Airport/Railway/ Metro Station/Bus Stop transfers, Yoga & Meditation, beautician and doctor on call, Ayurvedic /therapeutic massage, Ayurvedic treatment, eco activities, guided local sight-seeing in the Delhi-Gurgaon region, business or shopping tours (local or out-station), useful tips on shopping, travel, local customs and restaurants, dinner or packed lunch on advance request, laundry and ironing, car hire with driver, tourist literature, books on loan etc.
10. Loads To See & Do: Staying at our eco homestay gives you the opportunity of observing the daily life of local residents, participating in it and learning about the customs and traditions of our region by savouring home-cooked organic meals, listening to the chatter of birds while sipping herbal tea in the garden, practising yoga and meditation, taking a daily dose of an ancient Ayurvedic tonic (and later trekking to its source), listening to hymns, observing temple rituals, attending dance and music classes, trying your hand at local crafts, games and sports, shopping in colourful bazaars, learning how to cook an Indian dish, watching a Bollywood film, having your hands designed with henna, admiring a peacock on a roof-top, celebrating a local festival, learning about sustainable agriculture, visiting an organic nursery, going to a musical evening, watching squirrels at play, going for an early morning walk in the countryside, cycling through fields, commuting by tuk-tuk or cycle rickshaw, jogging in a park, participating in street entertainment and exercise, watching little kids play football, making a note of different lifestyles and livelihoods, volunteering a few hours of your time at an NGO, attending a spiritual discourse, visiting neighbours, enjoying a meal with a bunch of gutsy women, sleeping under the stars ...
or venturing beyond, with a guide by your side to experience more of the Unusual like riding on a camel or a bullock-cart, soaking in a herbal healing pool or a hot sulphur spring, climbing down a step-well or an extinct volcano, staring up the highest brick minaret in the world, exploring villages or ancient ruins, strolling through an open-air terracotta museum, shopping at a crafts or nature bazaar, eating in a garden restaurant, riding on a whistling toy train with a bunch of squealing kids, participating in agricultural and dairy activities, watching artisans recreate the Taj Mahal’s exquisite marble inlay work, picnic-ing in a bird sanctuary etc. You have a choice of the unusual only, or the usual tourist sights of Delhi region with the unusual thrown in. Your Indian hosts offer you a multi-sensorial, de-stressing and authentic experience in cultural understanding, personal enrichment, self-discovery and, ofcourse, travel and tourism.
So, having read those 10 plus points, would you not say my venture is unique, THE best option for women traveling to Delhi? Then, put this Indian women’s venture at the top of your List of Must Do’s, get in touch with me at email@example.com or +9717923793, use our green BnB / Home stay as a launching pad, and give yourselves a super duper Indian holiday!
*For couples and single male tourists, too, I offer local guided sight-seeing, eco activities, excursions and business tours. Special arrangements are made for their board and lodging at a nearby partner homestay that boasts of quality and tariffs (but not rules!) similar to ours. German is spoken there, in place of French – in addition to English, Hindi and Punjabi.